Ronald W. Tobin Travel Scholarship
Donate to French and Italian
You can make a secure online donation by visiting our online giving page.
Or, to make a donation to our department by mail using credit card or check, download and print our gift form HERE.
Would you like to support the Department of French and Italian?
Are you interested in backing our teaching and research about the cultures of France and Italy?
We would greatly appreciate your sponsorship!
Your gift, whether large or small, can make a difference in the following ways:
- Enhancing the excellence of our undergraduate programs;
- Rewarding research by our best undergraduates;
- Attracting the brightest graduate students to our new doctoral program in Comparative Literature;
- Supporting the most competitive and outstanding students in their pursuit of the doctoral degree;
- Bringing distinguished lecturers to our department, for the benefit of our faculty, students, university community, and Santa Barbara;
- Equipping our research facilities or enhancing faculty research.
French and Italian Wish List
You may wish to provide support by selecting from a range of gift options, including sponsorship through non-restricted funds, which offers you the freedom to contribute to the most needed areas. Donations may be made by check, by credit card, or by contacting the Department Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Dana Loughlin, Director of Development, email@example.com, (805) 893-3136 or Tristin Sherman, Associate Director of Development, firstname.lastname@example.org, (805) 893-3136.
- Non-restricted Funds. The Department can use these funds at its discretion.
- Graduate Students Fellowships. Funds earmarked for the establishment of graduate student fellowships that may be named after the donor.
- Graduate Student Professional Development Funds. Funds that help students offset the cost of attending research and pedagogical workshops at national or international colloquia.
- Undergraduate Awards Fund. Funds that support awards given to outstanding graduating seniors in French and Italian at our annual Undergraduate Awards Ceremony held at the time of commencement.
- General Undergraduate Funds. Funds earmarked for general undergraduate research activities, such as attending undergraduate conferences, preparing honors theses, or travel-study in France or Italy.